The unprecedented extension of telework as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak has raised questions about the impact of this form of work organisation in the long term, since there are many reasons to believe that it will accelerate pre-existing trends towards the digitalisation of work and increasing flexibility of work arrangements. TWING aims to explore the impact of COVID-19 crisis on telework, working conditions and industrial relations with the overarching objective of supporting social partners in the promotion of decent and productive telework in the post-COVID-19 scenario.
The project focuses on four sectors (ICT, banking, public administration and chemical industry) in six countries (Austria, Estonia, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Finland). During the project:
- country reports based on document analysis will be written, describing telework developments in the context of the COVID-19 crisi
- quantitative analysis will be carried out to investigate trends in the use of telework and its impact on working conditions
- social partners will be interviewed
- good company practices will be analysed
- the results of the analysis will be discussed together with the social partners.