Praxis participates in the project ’Scientific analaysis and advice on gender equality in the EU’ as Estonian ekspert. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the improvement of European-level policy analysis and policy development on gender equality by providing reliable, independent, and rigorous scientific support and advice to the European Commission. It will strengthen the Commission’s knowledge base, including its country-specific knowledge, to support the preparation of political initiatives, and to support political cooperation at European level.
More precisely, the scientific support and advice will cover the following themes:
- gender equality in the labour market, including the gender gaps in pay, working hours and employment,
- work-life balance,
- poverty, social inclusion and social protection, including pensions systems, from a gender perspective,
- gender equality in decision-making,
- gender-based violence, including intimate partner violence, sexual violence, cyber violence and harassment, sexual violence and harmful practices and ‘honour’-based violence,
- gender equality in and through education and training,
- horizontal issues, such as gender mainstreaming, gender budgeting, gender stereotypes or the role of men in gender equality,
- statistics on gender equality and gender-based violence.